Saturday, August 20, 2011

BEACH BOUND


After debating on going back to school and what is was I wanted to do with my life, I one day just decided I’d leave it up to God. Whatever it was that I was meant to do well it would come along. There was no point in me stressing over something that was beyond my control. After the baby shower and lots of wondering… I received the phone call that changed it all. This call was from Anita. Anita is one of my mom’s closest friends; she opened up her own real estate company in December of last year and needed an assistant. This may not be the career path I wanted to go down but at least it was a start to some great experience. After the fashion design/ merchandising had failed… Event planning/ Wedding planning was looking great to me. I talked with mom and Anita, we all came to the conclusion that it was time to move further south… ORANGE BEACH ALABAMA. So, Fathers Day weekend mom and I moved to Orange Beach. No one really had to convince me too much on moving to the beach J . Who doesn’t want to live by the water? This move took all of 3 days, and then I headed back home for some unfinished business, my puppy Lucy, and more shoes!!!! That following Wednesday… My MeMe, Cousins Hannah and Caroline were suppose to head back to the beach for a fun week before they started back to school very soon.
That Wednesday morning I woke up with a strange feeling in the right side of my head. The only way I can explain it is to tell you… it felt like I had a trip to the dentist and they had numbed my right side of my head. While I was taking this Tacrolimus medicine, I had a few strange things happen so this didn’t seem like anything to worry about. By the end of the Wednesday, not only was my head numb but also now my lips, tongue, and ear were all numb. Well… It’s too late to call the doctor now, so I would just deal with it until I could get in touch with him the next day. Thursday came and my hands were not numb with the rest of my body. I called the doctor and waited for a response. By 3:00, I hadn’t heard anything back so I called again. This time I got his nurse, who told me to stop my Tacrolimus and go see my primary care physician asap, if these symptoms persisted I would need to see a neurologist Monday. WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS GOING ON????
My first reaction is to call Mom, She told me to head to Foley to the ER. Now I am really freaking out.   Countless hours of waiting and they called me back, once in the room it didn’t take long for the doctor to come in and examine me. She literally dug through my head so much I joked that she was checking me for lice. Her conclusion to all my symptoms was that it was the shingles. The shingles could have been brought on by my weakened immune system. Well GREAT!!!!! She gave me medicine to stop the shingles and for the pain they were about to start causing me. We thought this was an okay conclusion and went home to eat dinner and go to the movie. Nothing felt any stranger than it had been, I had even started taking the pain meds just incase. That next morning is when it all hit me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment